Marcelo Barreto(@CeloCRF) is the creator of the @FlamengoENG, a twitter account dedicated to English speaking fans of the Brazilian club Flamengo. He is also a contributor to @Flahistoria, an account dedicated to the club’s history.
Marcelo is known as an underground legend for bringing Flamengo videos and online streams to fans around the world going back years, when doing that kind of thing was still unheard of. He has amassed an insane catalog of clips which he uses to enhance his twitter account and give Flamengo’s English speaking fans and sympathizers all the updates and happenings in and around the club, helping foreign fans understand the nuances of being a Flamenguista.
- Why Marcelo started @FlamengoENG
- Some of the countries with most followers
- Flamengo’s global ambitions and the roadblocks
- Are State Championships still needed?
- Biggest Flamengo rival?
- How banter created the @flumifogodagama and @SaotosPalmerint parody accounts
- Flamengo’s current administrative success and its sustainability/fragility
- The board’s handling of the youth players’ deaths in the 2019 fire
- The huge success of the club in 2019
- The resurrection of the club’s attacking football spirit
- How Brazilian managers see their foreign peers
- The influence of Brazil’s 1982 team losing the World Cup
- Domenec Torrent’s work at Flamengo and expectations
- Libertadores talk
- Flamengo’s youth system and the market
- On being a content provider for Flamengo fans around the world
- How Marcelo became a Flamenguista
- Marcelo’s most memorable Flamengo squad
- Shootout questions with Marcelo:
- Top 3 players ever
- Who would Marcelo have a drink with in the history of the game?
- Top 3 matches he would attend in the history of the game
- One change he would make to any match in history
- What club would Marcelo support if not Flamengo?
- Book recommendation: João Saldanha. Uma Vida em Jogo